Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the choice to be grateful

well... not to be cliche or anything, but...


will is my best friend : )

he is smart AND wise, funny, a hard worker, worthily holds the Priesthood, supports me, listens to me, teaches me, is patient with me, and strives to make me happy. he willingly helps around the house, knows what i like, and has been the best weekly grocery shopping date for the last 4 (give or take : ) years.

we're excited to spend our first christmas with just us. not because we want to be away from our family, but because we're embracing the opportunity to begin our own family traditions and enjoy the simplicity of a small christmas with just our family.

though it's small and simple, we have everything we need, and i'm aiming to focus on our many, many blessings. how excellent that the Ensign's First Presidency Message this month is about gratitude! i really appreciate that it is titled "the choice to be grateful." boy, it's a choice all right! : ) while are always things i can spout off that i'm grateful for, there are more blessings that might not be realized readily... thank you President Eyring for the reminder!


check it out!

i am especially grateful right now for the opportunity we have to think about and celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. i am also grateful for my knowledge and testimony of Him - to know that through Him we will all, too, be resurrected and live eternally, happily with our families in the presence of our loving Heavenly Father.

any hardship, heartache, or trial we may have can and will be made right through Him. if it's not ok, it's not the end. thanks, mom : )

2 comments:

  1. We're on team Will, too! Yay for new Christmas traditions...they're a lot of fun. Are you going to jump on Will at 8:00am and yell "Merry Christmas?" Don't forget to sneak your board games into good hiding places. You could play Solitaire while you wait?!?!?! haha, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could play board games but Mom won't let me turn the light on while she pretends to sleep... but I'll pass the solitaire idea on to Greg. Hey, maybe Greg and I should play board games while we wait for Mom to wake up. Seriously, though, we do have many wonderful blessings to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete