Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Saturday, December 29, 2012

some advice

i've had some time to cool off and get over it...

a little while ago i was somewhere where there were also several other women.  after one told me her son had asked about me, it progressed to where a few people were joking that they'd send their kids over to me for a play date (meaning babysitting) all at the same time.

another from across the way called over that that would be some good birth control for me.

i don't know her hardly at all.  i understand that she most likely doesn't know where we're at.

but,

it's rude.  it's insensitive.  and it's not appreciated.  while i didn't REALLY want to punch her in the nose, that's about how i felt.  i didn't really mean to give her a dirty look, but it may have happened... : /

i've heard it said too many times.  directed at me or not, it bothers me every time.  it's a personal thing.  if you want to comment on the difficulty of your own kids, that's fine, but don't link it to my desire to have kids.

so take my advice, and don't say anything like that to anyone whether you know them or not.  it might save you from getting punched in the nose.

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling...somehow it seems that complete strangers feel perfectly okay commenting on intensely personal issues. Punching in the nose is always tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought it at the time, but I think back to our years of infertility with gratitude. Those difficult years changed me and prepared me spiritually for future challenges. When we lost our baby Connor, I was so grateful that I had already learned to trust in Heavenly Father's plan for our family. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and also. People are dumb. While, it was probably the best choice not to punch someone, I vote that next time you TELL them you would LIKE to punch them so that maybe they learn to be more sensitive :)

    ReplyDelete