Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

infertility: get informed


i was made aware (shout out! : ) that this is national infertility awareness week.  while it's not usually comfortable for me to point this sort of thing out to others, i guess it's good for people to be aware.  i'd rather have people just be friendly, sensitive, and aware on their own, but i think that's expecting too much of people in general.  so i guess that's why the awareness week exists... : )  and why i'll pass it on...

here's a link to the national infertility association's website:

http://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/for-family--friends/

this particular page is specifically for family and friends... like it says...

i haven't read everything on there, so i can't say i absolutely agree with everything on there or would back it up, but i can tell that there's good information.  and there are things that i would agree with and ring true with me.  i'm pretty sure for will too, but i won't speak for him here... : )

there's obviously plenty of other information on the site if you click around.  read up!  get informed!  don't say things that will make me crazy!  i think you can find lots of answers to questions you might have.  i think there's something for almost everyone to learn.


and if you're really passionate, here's a link to the national infertility awareness week homepage:

http://www.resolve.org/national-infertility-awareness-week/home-page.html

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say count me as passionate until I saw they wanted to bring an infertility support group to every community. I don't have spare time for that....so nevermind :) I'll have to be un-passionate I guess.

    I will echo the friends/ family page is a great start. I read the Infertility Etiquette and it is a MUST READ (for friends and family, not those suffering):

    Here is the exact link:

    http://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/for-family--friends/infertility-etiquette.html

    Sorry to put a post on your post! Love you.

    ReplyDelete