Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Thursday, June 13, 2013

i'd like to thank the academy

well, fans, we made it to thursday!!!!!!!!!!!

the last several nights sleeping has gotten better and i've only woken up once each night.  probably helps that it's been more temperate.  last night i don't know if i really was cold and ready for the blanket - which i have to wake will up for (what a guy!), if i really had to go to the bathroom, or if i was just so excited that today had finally come!!!!  but luckily just once at 2:40 last night, then i was back out until around the time of my alarm: 6:20.

tell me it's natural that the last couple days i've started to get nervous that i'll go to my appointment and something will be wrong and i'll be back on elevation, ice, and rest....  that would make me pretty sad... i'm sure things will be fine, but at least i can still look forward to at least one guaranteed trip out of the house!!  yes, of course i've been inside the house this whole time.

allow me to be a whiner on a couple more things: my pinky toe and my raw heel.  now the raw heel discomfort comes and goes.  a nurse told me that it would come as my leg muscles shrank and i had more wiggle room in there.  most of the time it's not that bad, but sometimes it is kinda lame.  as for the pinky toe, about a week ago or so i started to notice that it felt like something was stuck between my pinky toe and the next one over.  and who likes the feeling of something stuck between their toes???  it's ok for me to wiggle my toes, and even with my wiggling it felt like it was still there... driving me crazy.  then i realized at some point that it was probably there on purpose..... so as much as i wanted will to pull it out, the fact that it's probably supposed to be there AND the fact that i'm not supposed to stick anything in the splint to scratch itches, etc kept us from making any effort to move or dislodge it... so i've been trying for days to ignore it.  sometimes that's harder than other times, but i figure it's just how it is - part of the fun and games : )

now, moving on from the whining.  it's true, last thursday will brought in the mail and i discovered the "love package" that had been sent to me from across the country!  i was delighted to find page after page of handmade activities and pictures to entertain me.  forgive my ingratitude for not mentioning it in my previous post!  my 4 year old niece made quite the fun package with word searches, mazes, coloring pages, etc.  we enjoyed looking through it all, and especially enjoyed the accompanying video (emailed once we said the package came) with her explaining each page she'd made.  i don't think i've even seen her in person since december 2010 (wow).  that's love : )

and now a word for the man who has served me extensively over the last two weeks: will : )  he's done all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, organizing, breakfast making, clothes fetching, and many other things.  he's made many, many trips back and forth across the house each morning and evening as he's transported my pillows, ice, phone/charger, books, etc.  he's taped towels and bags over my leg and turned the water on and off and on and off and adjusted the temperature every time i've asked so i could bathe.  he's got a little checklist of what needs done in the morning before he leaves and at bed time.  he changes out my ice.  he serves up my meals and brings them to me AND clears my dishes and puts away the leftovers.  he sits on a chair or lays on a cot pad on the floor if we're on the computer/tv out here since i take up pretty much the whole couch.  he's prepped food for me the night before to be left in the fridge for lunches - opened cans, washed grapes, etc.  he put up with my whining and helplessness.  he's done laundry.  he woke up in the night when i needed blankets, or in the beginning when i needed help going to the bathroom, or i thought my ice was leaking, etc.  all this has been on top of working and his calling stuff.  i know how much he wanted to just sit down and rest in the evenings, but it seemed he was always doing things for me.  that's love : )  he's the best : )  he's my best friend : )  and we're married for eternity!! : )

i also appreciate all the love, kindness, and service provided in a variety of ways over the last couple of weeks.  i've had visitors, meals, phone calls, people asking will about me, entertainment from afar, thoughtful suggestions of what to do with my time, treats, people who needed to meet with me making the effort to come here since i couldn't go to them, emails/messages/and texts, and probably more that i'm not remembering or don't even know about! so thank you : )

2 comments:

  1. We vote for Will for husband of the year! Way to go! And for that anonymous niece, more kudos! What a sweetheart (and of course her loving mother deserves some credit, and for being a devoted sister).

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a special place in heaven for husbands like Will :) He should put on Husbanding 101 at the reunion this summer. (Tell me that made you smile, laugh, snort, anything). Can't wait! Get well!

    ReplyDelete