Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Friday, July 11, 2014

how could anyone forget???

sometimes i hear people say they forgot to eat a meal.  could be breakfast, lunch, or dinner, i've heard them all.  and every time my eyebrows raise and i wonder how on earth someone could FORGET to eat!!!!  it seems like such a mystery!

i understand there are times in life that you may be very busy and it's not convenient to eat until later than you would have.  i've lived my own share of no lunch or no dinner days - especially while traveling : )

i also know what it's like to eat on the go so it's not really a "meal" necessarily, but you make do.

but do i look like a girl that's missed too many meals????!!  food is good.  i love food.  how can you "forget" to eat????  eat to live?  live to eat? : )

i'm one who loves to savor.  i love to savor most things - anticipation and experiences especially.  i also love to savor my food - don't rush me!  we've learned that we must make a line or some kind of division if i want my fair share : )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday morning i went back to zumba and had a fun time.  but, i didn't really feel that "worked-out" so i went home and went for a run afterward since i was already dressed for it (seems to be half the battle sometimes!) and sweaty.  it rounded things out nicely, but by that time it was getting pretty warm out especially with my sunburn...

so then when i was thinking about this morning i decided i'd try a run in addition to zumba again, but this time run before i went so it would be a little cooler out, plus then i'd be ready to move on with my day.  great plan, i thought, because once again i could have fun, get a good workout, and only have to get dressed for it (and shower) once!

so this morning came and i took will to the train then came home and went about my business watching the clock knowing that i'd need to get ready and go out and run by a certain time if i was going to get a decent run in and be able to drive to the church for zumba and be on time.  it was just about that time and i was looking up recipes/directions to try making my own yogurt (look at me go! ha : ).  i left my tab open for myself (true to my style : ), changed, and went to get a drink of water trying to be conscious of the hot weather and my sunburn i've been trying to baby all week.

there i am approaching the fridge to get out the water when i see the boxes of cereal on top.  let me be a little cliche and say "suddenly it hit me."

I HAD FORGOTTEN TO EAT BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, people!  i really thought to myself, "oh my gosh!  i actually FORGOT to eat breakfast!!  how could i, of all people, forget????!!!!  now i'm one of those people!!!!"

i had such a perfect plan, and at no point ahead of time had i thought about breakfast and not once all morning did i think about breakfast.  how bizarre!!!!  so at that point i wasn't really that hungry, but i didn't want to commit the nutrition no-no of missing breakfast!  i also didn't really have time to do my planned run and eat breakfast if i was going to go to zumba on time.  but who wants a fresh bowl of cereal sloshing around in their tummy as they run?  so i decided to go out and run (where "my dog likes to jog in the morning fog" repeated to my running cadence over and over pretty much the whole time because somehow it was stuck in my  head...)  when i got back in i drank lots of water and had some applesauce before heading out to zumba.  there, now i'd had some breakfast : )  after zumba i came home and made a smoothie.

i guess now i can have a little more understanding when someone forgets to eat.... maybe?  but really... how can you FORGET to eat???!

1 comment:

  1. I used to be the same way about breakfast, but now I find that I usually don't really need breakfast until about 10:00 am, even when I get up and going much earlier. The problem is, that by 10:00 I really do need my breakfast, even if I had something earlier. Which is not fun at work because a granola bar just doesn't really satisfy.

    ReplyDelete