Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

we're back!

I'm sitting on the couch holding a sick little boy who just needs to sleep and be snuggled. I feel better than I did yesterday and I guess it's his turn to have a worse day. Hopefully it won't be more than that!  So as I was sitting here with few options to entertain me I thought "maybe I'll blog!". Crazy I know... I had a 6 month streak going, and while I could have pushed for 7+ I dared have the thought of breaking that!  Don't worry, I'm typing with my thumb on my phone so you won't get much... : )

I'm learning how hard it is to watch your baby be uncomfortable especially when they can't tell you about it with words.  It was a blessing of empathy that I felt so achey and energyless yesterday so that I can now guess how he might be feeling aside from the visible signs.  I also recognize the blessings of having a sick baby as opposed to no baby at all.

So then! What can I share with the world as my long awaited return???  Perhaps this conversation I had with Will the other day...

I had been using the computer for something for cub scouts.  Will was waiting to use it for something else, but I guess I had forgotten. So then when I was reminded I vacated the spot and said, "it's all you, pikachu!"  With a smirk he tried to give me a hard time and told me he didn't even know who that was.  My best retaliation was to say that he must because he knew enough to know it was a "who" to begin with!  Then he conceded, "thanks for the reminder, charmander."  While his near-rhyme left a little to be desired, I think it was made up for with his witty effort and quick ability to stay on theme. : )  but then I really laughed out loud when he gave me one more - "you called my bluff, jigglypuff" - hahaha

Lucky for me he stuck with the two Pokemon names I probably was ever most familiar with, though I don't know that I could have recalled them without a reminder.  I'm sure I watched the show occasionally years ago with my brothers because somehow it was approved and it meant I could watch something aside from pbs. I know for a certainty that's why I was remotely interested in going to see the movie - it meant going to a movie! : )

OK, I think I can even picture charmander... A little red orange dragon that breathes fire? Sorry to any enthusiasts if he is in fact a dinosaur or doesn't actually breathe fire, but "sprays" it, or if I've grossly misrepresented him in any other way... : ) ha. And is jigglypuff pink?

Is this the best I can do for my grand return?? Haha 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you have been sick, and Andrew too!! We hope that you all feel better tomorrow and are able to travel well and enjoy your trip. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're such pokemon illiterates that we didn't recognize anything past pikachu.

    ReplyDelete