Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Monday, May 26, 2014

let the good times roll

(inspired by Ashley's exchanging post...)

Yesterday in church we sang this hymn.

For those who may not be familiar, one of the phrases in the chorus is "When the peaceful, happy moments roll". It made me think back to the good old days, those of limited vocabulary, not-quite-yet budding knowledge of common idioms, and Sesame Street. I remember hearing about quantities of time (moments, times, years) rolling in this hymn or in other contexts, and it was a bit confusing to me. How does a moment roll? And for that matter, how what is happy, peaceful rolling?

At some point, though, I figured it out somewhat, thanks to everyone's favorite educational TV program. I still didn't quite understand how it related to moments or times exactly, but sometime before kindergarten I at least learned for sure what rolling happily looks like. In case you haven't learned this for yourself yet, watch and be enlightened (at around 40 seconds in): 


May all of your moments and days roll as happily as this orange crayon wax!

No comments:

Post a Comment