Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Monday, May 5, 2014

ole!

sometimes you plow through the day eating mostly oyster crackers and dark cadbury mini eggs.... you really have eaten a few other things, it just feels like that's all... because your body is cramping persistently and sucking every bit of energy, life, and rationality that you seem to have.........................

but you keep putting one foot in front of the other because you know tonight you feast!  on some mexican favorites!!!!  and you've been so excited for days to eat these delights that you even woke up last night too excited to sleep!

ok, i made that part up... i didn't wake up until my phone rang at 6:30 or so this morning... : )

but you better believe i've been counting down the days to my horchata and tres leches!!!! : )

there will also be tacos, tamales, spanish rice, and even beans because rachel sent me home with a jar of her home canned pintos!  now that everything will be homemade from scratch (no really!) i'm a little embarrassed to say it's premade horchata with high fructose corn syrup... ugh... but i guess that just means i have something new on my list to learn to make!!!!  and i'll probably need to practice.... : )

my aching back will not allow for la bamba, la cucaracha, or a pinata today... but i think we'll be all right because the party will be in my mouth!!! : ) ha  and plenty of cilantro to go around!!!!!  .... because will won't want any : )


i love to reflect this time every year as i make my giant tres leches (which will talked me into a half size one this year) on the events of 6 years ago... i made will watch the three caballeros AND saludos amigos with me! hahaha : )  i love my holidays!!!!  and now, while our hearts are open to really just about anything, i love the idea of adopting a beautiful *hispanic or latino child!!  then cinco de mayo would mean that much more to us : )  *i understand that this could mean mexico or many other places : )

final note: i'd LOVE one of those dresses!



1 comment:

  1. I confess that I had to look up Horchata as I don't remember knowing what it is before. And the girls talked me into Pizza instead of tacos or enchiladas for dinner. The Tres leches sounds great though! as does the hispanic or latino child. Enjoy your Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete