Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Let It Go

Today we bought a roll of freezer paper at Winco.  They only have one option at our store.  It's a giant roll for about $6.  You must be able to find a smaller, cheaper roll elsewhere, but I decided to just get it because I'll surely never make progress on projects without the supplies.  It's big, heavy, and will last a lifetime.

I just learned that to print on freezer paper you need an inkjet printer.  We don't have one... that works.  Our main printer is a laser one.  My old one (happy ten years old this month HP PSC! : ) thinks it doesn't have a cartridge even when it does.  It's been confused for years.  It still works as a scanner, though, and has well earned its keep that way.

Two measly steps forward in the purchase, one step back in the no inkjet.  Wah.

I gave it one little google search, but will gladly, no, eagerly and so appreciatively accept your know-how in how I can still use my freezer paper for nicely cutting out felt as well as making stencils for painting.  You see, this set back has made me feel lazy in wading through all my google hits.  I'm sure it's something as "easy" (ha!) as hand tracing onto the freezer paper from a laser printed sheet, then proceeding.  That or someone fix my printer!  I guess you could say for the moment my project is "Frozen"... ahahahahaha  (freezer paper... cannot proceed at this time.... get it? hahahaha : )

1 comment:

  1. http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-freezer-paper-stencil-makenna-loves-goldfish.html

    ReplyDelete