Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Cook book

Here's my next million dollar idea: a book (or website, whatever) that gives directions to make a meal with multiple recipes and tells you the order to do things across recipes.  It's hard to put it into words...  I know, I know, I just have to use a little critical thinking and analyze the recipes before I start and think about efficiency, but that doesn't always happen.  Real life always happens though.

I'm making two new-to-me recipes tonight.  Because I want to and that's fun to me.  But they're for feeding to other people, too, so there's a time deadline.  I've tried to think about what I can do ahead of time, as both of them are to be served right away so I want to get the timing right.  I'm still a little unsure when exactly to start and how I'll decide to go back and forth between the two.

Maybe my book would also have tips that tell you that it's ok for something to wait a little bit longer while you attend to this other thing, or if that would surely give disappointing results.

Maybe the answer is don't make new recipes for other people because you don't even know if it will be good! ha!  And that doesn't even include the gluten-free brownie mix.... (at the request of one for the other as a birthday surprise... even though her birthday isn't for a couple weeks, but she's going home next week...)  But (un?)fortunately I can mix a brownie mix in my sleep, so I'm not worried about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment