Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Monday, January 11, 2016

Toothpaste Chicken

We're really "money's-worth" and "bargain" kind of people.  We try not to be wasteful either.  When someone might classify a food container (peanut butter, for example) as empty and toss it, I would feel remorseful if I hadn't used a scraper spatula to get the last bits out before taking care to recycle it.  Waste not, want not, right???  I was taught well. : )

So someone else likely would have tossed our tube of toothpaste days before we did, but it just kept on a'givin!  You think you've squeezed it enough, but have you re-squeezed from the bottom and sides??  And then re-re-squeezed?  There are more little crevices to pinch and squeeze than you think!  It got to a point where I thought surely it must almost really be all gone every morning and night.  It became a game of toothpaste chicken - who was going to give up first?!  I think most people make a good effort, but this time, for whatever reason, it seemed to stretch out for many days.  Finally on Saturday night I found the new tube of toothpaste waiting for me.  I could say that I won, but we both got clean teeth out of it : )

On a related note, please send all your tried and true methods for successfully brushing a toddler's (what??!) teeth -- short of strapping them to a board.

1 comment:

  1. Brushing Marie's teeth can be so challenging sometimes! Our pediatrician recommended getting an electric toothbrush (we got one for around $5 at Target), so that's what we've been using since she's been about 15 months or so. It helps sometimes because she likes pushing the button, and I feel like it's somewhat successful even If I only make contact with each tooth for a few seconds or so. Sometimes that doesn't even happen, though, with her running away and refusing to open her mouth. Alas.

    ReplyDelete