Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Sunday, August 30, 2015

A day in the life!

I struggle to write regularly in a journal, so I do a few different things to make an effort to record my thoughts and memories.  One way I "journal" is by taking lots of pictures of what we do.  Will has come to accept this (mostly) and I've also learned, generally, what things will embarrass Will, so I try to make it snappy (ha, nice pun, huh? : )  One of the things that would make me the saddest would be losing my pictures.  Really sad.  Mega sad.  Don't mess with me and my pictures!

Here are some picture highlights from this last week with a little extra commentary so that you can enjoy them too!

Andrew loves to hug stuffed animals right now.  It started with hugging his Curious George - he saw it modeled some.  Then the other morning (note the PJs) as he was pulling toys out to play with he pulled out a small teddy bear (that I won spinning a wheel at the Tracy PD's booth at the Tracy Dry Bean Festival (sounds like a blast, huh? : ) in 2011 - an extremely hot day in early September).  He made the connection that it was also a soft, hugable thing, and I was lucky enough to catch several shots.  Here are some of the cutest. 



Seriously, though, does it get any cuter??!

Andrew still likes the washer and dryer, but he's much more interested now in the fridge and the dishwasher.  Of course I won't let him play in it with dirty dishes, but I do let him "help" me unload the clean ones.  I know that seems counter productive as he handles and even licks things, but I'm ok with it for now - pick your battles, you know?  I open it while he's across the way and hurry and take out any sharp knives. Then while he hustles his little self over I take out the forks, table knives, and anything else I might not want him to get.  Could he potentially get hurt still on a spoon?  Yes, but I guess I feel better about it.  Anyway, he loves it!


Thursday evening Will and I got to go to San Francisco to see The Phantom of the Opera (totally awesome!).  It was our fun outing for our anniversary and we'd been looking forward to it for a while.  That afternoon while I was cleaning up a few things before the babysitter came, I knew Andrew had gotten into the bathroom.  Since I knew he was in one place and wasn't worried about him slapping his hands on the edge of the tub as he stood there, I decided to let him be for a bit.  I realized after a couple minutes I wasn't hearing him play with the bath toys anymore or hitting the tub.  Well, he was happy so I still took care of a couple other things.  Then I decided I better go get him out and tell him he'd had enough time to play in there.  I rounded the corner of the little hallway and audibly gasped - startled him and made him jump!  Then I just giggled and took some pictures.  I asked him if he had at least had a good time.  Then I carefully re-wrapped the roll the best I could and replaced it for the babysitter.



Whatever shenanigans he got into later were between him and the babysitter because we were busy here having a great time!


And since then Will's gotten a haircut.  Andrew and I still need a trim!  Forgive my excess dry shampoo in this picture - I'm not THAT grey yet!  (but close...wah!)

And there you have it!  Andrew's birthday pictures coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. Awww. I just want to hug him!! Looking forward to the birthday photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never get tired of Andrew pictures and stories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And the toilet paper... classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep coming back just to ogle these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutey... keep taking lots of pictures. We love to see them.

    ReplyDelete