Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Dinner

I LOVE Chinese food!  Well, I love American Chinese food, at least.  I know that for sure : )

Two birthdays ago we got Chinese take-out because I had been craving it, and, well, it was my birthday!  This last birthday I wanted Chinese again, but I decided to make a few things at home, from scratch.  I made orange chicken, vegetable lo mein, and pot stickers.  Yummo, right?!  Well, that and rice and broccoli, of course.  Anyway, it took many hours to make it all myself at once - three new-to-me recipes.  (Will and I love to cook together, but he was taking care of Andrew.)  So more hours than I would have liked, and a deep-fried house smell later, we sat down to a delicious meal!

There were leftovers of everything.  Some of the things got eaten up in the following days, but the pot stickers filling got put in the freezer along with the extra wrappers.  I'm pretty sure there was a time since then that we made another batch of pot stickers to go with something else.

Yesterday when we were meal planning for the week we decided we wanted something like orange chicken again - or something else "Chinese"... : )  We settled on orange chicken, and also decided this time we'd just get a bag from the frozen section.  So that's what we had tonight for dinner.  After fasting all day, it was a tasty meal to look forward to!  We had the orange chicken, rice, broccoli (which Andrew loves!), and the rest of the pot stickers.

Now, we didn't know for sure if we still had some or if we'd eaten it up before.  I checked each level of the freezer door, then each shelf (working from the bottom up) and finally found it on the top shelf!  (My wallet is always in the last diaper bag pocket I check, so why wouldn't the rest of the pot sticker filling be on the last freezer shelf I check??)  Luckily, I had seen the wrappers  yesterday, so those were easy (top freezer shelf).

I was able to get 17 little delectable pot stickers formed and on the pan.  Oh, after frying them in February, we decided it was way easier to bake them - and healthier? : )  We still spray them with cooking spray.  Baked 6 minutes on each side to a golden brown.  There they sat on the pan on the stove top next to the broccoli during dinner and we just got up to get them - part lazy, part table space.  Since there were 17 we knew we could each have 4 today, and 4 on the leftovers day.  With one more to arm wrestle over, I guess!

When I got up to get some more broccoli and my second two pot stickers I didn't really count or anything, just saw that there seemed to be lots on the pan still.  I went back around the counter to the table and asked Will, "Did you forget about the pot stickers?"  He answered, "Did I forget about the pot stickers???  Did YOU forget about DISNEYLAND???!!" : )

Hahahahahaha!  I guess I make pretty good pot stickers! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment