Ash and Will

Ash and Will
We are a happy family! : )

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Mother knows best

I remember one time as a kid I had the idea (or wondered aloud?) and suggested buttering toast before you put it into the toaster.  Maybe I was thinking that it'd be fun to watch it melt as the bread crisped up.  Maybe for some reason I thought this would be more efficient?  My mom made sure to tell me that you should never ever butter bread before putting it into the toaster because it could start a fire, or something like that.  She reiterated: always butter it after.

I think about that pretty much every time I butter toast and have for as long as I can remember.  I did again the other night when buttering some toast to go with our omlets for dinner.

Thanks to my mom I'm also extra cautious if I'm reaching to grab another piece out with the same hand that's holding the knife that already has some butter on it.  What if the heat from the toaster causes the butter to melt and drip off into the toaster causing some potentially unknown harm???

These are the things I think about : )

No comments:

Post a Comment